VectorLinux
July 28, 2014, 04:04:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: <sigh> Repo problems, again....  (Read 1889 times)
toothandnail
Vectorian

« on: February 08, 2011, 01:59:35 pm »

After sevral months of trouble free operation, I ended up wasting close to 4 hours this afternoon trying to get repo processing done. So it looks as though what I thought was the solution must have conencided with hardware fixes at the remote end. Problem seems pretty much exactly what it was before - attempting a long processing run results in a locked up session. Attempting to reconnect will usually time out, and when I do get a connection, running uptime shows a machine uptime of only a few minutes.

I'll pass the problem on to support, but that didn't get me far last time, so I'm not holding my breath for it this time.

I simply do not have the time or patience to keep trying over and over again. I will report the problem, but until such time as support tells me it is fixed, I will not even attempt to process any updates.

Wonderful timing, with VL7.0 in the wings.....

Paul.
budulay
Packager
Vectorian

NewComer

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 02:41:07 pm »

C'est la vie, as the French say...

Anyway, please keep us posted as to what the support will say.

VL6.0-Light@MSI MS-1652(AMD TurionX2 ZM-84 2300 MHZ, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Nvidia GForce 9600M GT, GIGABYTE AirCruiser N300)
Registered Linux user #473602
SlackBuild Repository for VL7.Not much but it's a start. Join in!
pierce.jason
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 10:48:26 pm »

I'm not too up 'n up on how you guys manage/update the repos but ...

Could you do the updates to a locally residing repo(on known-good hardware), then transfer the modified files? Like clone/rsync the local copy, to the remote.

pierce.jason
Email: $(echo -e "moc\x2eliamg\x40nosaj.ecreip" | rev)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: