VectorLinux
December 21, 2014, 10:20:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Distrowatch stopped loading in Seamonkey  (Read 1774 times)
bligh

« on: February 12, 2011, 07:37:09 am »

I am running Vector linux classic kde.  It has been running fine, and up until recently, distrowatch has loaded properly.  It loads properly in Firefox, and in Seamonkey in other distros,  This applies to Seamonkey 2.0.8 and 2.0.11 both installed from the repo.  The general outline of the page loads and the images load, then it stops, no text loads including the links. Any suggestions?
Cheers
bligh

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 08:19:58 am »

I didn't know, it appeared to be a vector linux kde issue. 
Seamonkey/ edit/ preferences/ appearances/ fonts/ the allow pages to use other fonts was checked.   I unchecked the box and Distrowatch.com now loads properly.  Other pages appear slightly different.
Cheers
bligh

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 02:39:23 pm »

From the comments section of Distrowatch.
"I fully appreciate the switch to Ubuntu font on Distrowatch"
It appears that Distrowatch has apparently recently switched to the Ubuntu font.
Cheers
Andy Price
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 03:55:36 pm »

Thanks for posting the solution. I for one would never have guessed that to be the cause. Ubuntu font? Maybe we'll have Ubuntu toothpaste next Smiley
Andy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: