VectorLinux
October 21, 2014, 06:51:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: normal user cant login  (Read 1209 times)
curchunflo

« on: July 10, 2007, 03:45:12 pm »

Hi everyone, finally i have installed VL 5.8 SOHO RC3, it goes a little slow with 256 but its no so bad! I am having problems with the normal user login, you see, i create a user called "admini2", at first i set not password (i want everybody can use this user) but when i try to init sesion with this user the login starts normally but something hapens and return to the initial login like nothing hapened. I can only start sesion like root, but i want only me can use root, i try to add user with vasm and with Kuser but the problem its still there, what can i do?? thank you very much!

curchunflo
ps, i also have try setting password, and creating other users but the with the same problem.
curchunflo

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 04:36:21 pm »

its solved! I reinstalled VL and when create the users i verify the spell, when i put user name "user" (usuario in spanish). Now i can login normally. 
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 05:03:12 pm »

Hi curchunflo, glad you solved it. I am here just to say you should downloaded FINAL instead RC3, which is the latest.
RC3 worked fine for me, but is a pain with something goes wrong, and you are insure because you dont know if is a "release candidate bug" or a real problem. There is a nice howto by lagagnon about optimizing kde, may be you want to give it a try.

regards

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
pancarlos

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 05:13:02 am »

It's quite strange but I think I get the same error in my VL 6.0 Std.
Once I add a new user with vasm or vasmcc, everything goes fine until I try to login to that new account. I can't login to the new account with the password i set - neither in gui nor in tui mode.

I found that when I boot into tui mode and create new user with vasm in tui mode - there is no error. When I create new user in normal xfce session - there is an error. I wonder is this the way it should be. My idea was that maybe it's due to some localization reasons - because I use polish locale and keyboard layout in X. ??

broken head
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: