VectorLinux
April 22, 2014, 10:32:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Install of KDE classic from Live and Install fails to install kernel / Initrd  (Read 871 times)
joeham

« on: April 24, 2011, 08:21:57 pm »

I tried first from Live CD, and the install rebooted after installing files.  Didn't seem to be any setup steps after file install completed.

Then I tried the install disk and it failed after not being able to unpack a xx2.tgz file but informed it would try reboot anyway.

Can you point me to some step by step instructions?

I am very familiar with Slackware installs but it looks like you have modified the installer.

I intend to add this distro to my grub legacy multi boot.
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 03:11:31 am »

When installing the LiveCD, after the main file copy there should have been a step for installing LILO. Did that not appear?

The archives on the install version are highly compressed .tlz files. If one or more fail to extract the installation will be corrupt. It is recommended to burn the disc at less than maximum speed. I use 8x.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: