VectorLinux
April 23, 2014, 10:39:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: vector live light respin.  (Read 2842 times)
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 04:56:10 am »

Light Live default is to auto-login user vl. To change DE, it should only be necessary to log out, select XFCE and log back in (password: vector).
haywire
Vectorian

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2011, 07:47:41 am »

And what if I deleted that user and wanted to remove jwm and the other window managers? How can I fix the auto-login to a different user?

Sorry - DOH!

Steven
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2011, 04:15:47 am »

Check the menu under System, look for "KDM Setup". Or, run command "/sbin/vkdmconf".
haywire
Vectorian

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2011, 05:56:04 am »

Nightflier, Thanks that did it...

Now I have another problem with the hard drive install I am working on...
Vector starts booting, you get the blue screen with the blank progress indicator and it seems to hang there. If I hit escape it starts booting.

Any idea whats causing that or how to fix it? I think I may scream and pull all my hair out if I have to start all over again. I'm about 50% done the respin I'd say, maybe more.

Best regards,

Steven
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 06:36:34 am »

Try running vliloconf and select standard (text only) instead of the splash screen, reboot and look for clues in the startup messages.
haywire
Vectorian

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2011, 07:29:12 am »

Unless I'm retarted, I don't have a vliloconf command installed, won't run from terminal or run, where do I find this?

Sorry to be a PITA, but your right if I switch to text only boot I should be able to see whats hanging.

Steven
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2011, 07:36:20 am »

Not at home right now, so working from memory: Run vasm > super and look for it, think it is under filesystem.

The file is in /sbin and you need to be root to run it.
haywire
Vectorian

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2011, 12:09:40 am »

Hey Nightflier,

Yeah setting for text only I could see its hanging on USB. This appears to be an issue with virtualbox and some kind of funky usb driver virtualbox uses.

Burn an iso, works fine on a regular computer, so I set it back to gui and autologin. I'll just hit escape in virtualbox I suppose till I'm done with the respin, then I plan on installing the respin on a real pc. Thanks for all your help so far.

Next up : Installing the amiga emulator, atari st emulator and more... Then customizing user interface and burning a new iso.

I would like to customize the boot screens and stuff as well. Almost there...

Steven

nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 07:46:40 am »

Apparently, you can only use one processor in current virtualbox.

I have VB 4.0.6 on my VL6 machine and it supports multiple CPUs. It has to be done on the command line though. Check the Help Contents, look for CPU hot-plugging.
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2011, 09:22:03 am »

Apparently, you can only use one processor in current virtualbox.

I have VB 4.0.6 on my VL6 machine and it supports multiple CPUs. It has to be done on the command line though. Check the Help Contents, look for CPU hot-plugging.
If your CPU supports virtualization it should be able to do multiple from the GUI

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: