VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: vector live light respin.  (Read 4184 times)

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: vector live light respin.
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 05:56:10 am »

Light Live default is to auto-login user vl. To change DE, it should only be necessary to log out, select XFCE and log back in (password: vector).

haywire

• Vectorian
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2011, 08:47:41 am »

And what if I deleted that user and wanted to remove jwm and the other window managers? How can I fix the auto-login to a different user?

Sorry - DOH!

Steven

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2011, 05:15:47 am »

Check the menu under System, look for "KDM Setup". Or, run command "/sbin/vkdmconf".

haywire

• Vectorian
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2011, 06:56:04 am »

Nightflier, Thanks that did it...

Now I have another problem with the hard drive install I am working on...
Vector starts booting, you get the blue screen with the blank progress indicator and it seems to hang there. If I hit escape it starts booting.

Any idea whats causing that or how to fix it? I think I may scream and pull all my hair out if I have to start all over again. I'm about 50% done the respin I'd say, maybe more.

Best regards,

Steven

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 07:36:34 am »

Try running vliloconf and select standard (text only) instead of the splash screen, reboot and look for clues in the startup messages.

haywire

• Vectorian
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2011, 08:29:12 am »

Unless I'm retarted, I don't have a vliloconf command installed, won't run from terminal or run, where do I find this?

Sorry to be a PITA, but your right if I switch to text only boot I should be able to see whats hanging.

Steven

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2011, 08:36:20 am »

Not at home right now, so working from memory: Run vasm > super and look for it, think it is under filesystem.

The file is in /sbin and you need to be root to run it.

haywire

• Vectorian
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2011, 01:09:40 am »

Hey Nightflier,

Yeah setting for text only I could see its hanging on USB. This appears to be an issue with virtualbox and some kind of funky usb driver virtualbox uses.

Burn an iso, works fine on a regular computer, so I set it back to gui and autologin. I'll just hit escape in virtualbox I suppose till I'm done with the respin, then I plan on installing the respin on a real pc. Thanks for all your help so far.

Next up : Installing the amiga emulator, atari st emulator and more... Then customizing user interface and burning a new iso.

I would like to customize the boot screens and stuff as well. Almost there...

Steven

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 08:46:40 am »

Apparently, you can only use one processor in current virtualbox.

I have VB 4.0.6 on my VL6 machine and it supports multiple CPUs. It has to be done on the command line though. Check the Help Contents, look for CPU hot-plugging.

M0E-lnx

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2011, 10:22:03 am »

Apparently, you can only use one processor in current virtualbox.

I have VB 4.0.6 on my VL6 machine and it supports multiple CPUs. It has to be done on the command line though. Check the Help Contents, look for CPU hot-plugging.
If your CPU supports virtualization it should be able to do multiple from the GUI
Pages: 1 [2]