VectorLinux
October 20, 2014, 01:09:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: APM + mounting pendrives or digital cameras  (Read 1708 times)
scififry

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 06:20:09 am »

Tried it with a normal USB thumb drive, nothing happens. The same with fdisk -l , it insn't listed.
BTW, the camera uses a FAT-16 filesystem, and the USB thumb drive a FAT-32 filesystem.
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011, 07:41:49 am »

Both of those should be automatically mounted by vl-hot upon insertion and detection. However, it looks like they are not detected.

I suspect hardware issues. Had a machine with USB problems a while back, which I traced to the power supply.
scififry

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 09:31:30 am »

Hmh. The power supply is 4 years newer than the mainboard, and it works fine. Also have both USB ports 5V.
Maybe this problem is unsolvable, but at least now i know how to mount with Vector Linux, and can mount devices when they are connected from the beginning.
And it's not that important to me because i don't use pendrives/cams very often. Anyways, thanks for your help! Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: