Just a note to the developers of this package:
I noticed that the "English Wikipedia" dictionary was not showing image files. So, I checked this out, and found some information on this site
. Apparently the mediawiki.cc file from the source requires two extra lines to correct this issue. So, I removed the Vector Goldendict package, and built it from source, changing the mediawiki.cc file as suggested by the aforementioned website. Also, I upgraded hunspell from 1.2.14-i586-1vl70 to 1.3.2-i586-1vl70 via Gslapt. The Vector package of goldendict (1.0.1-i586-2vl70) does not work with the most recent version of hunspell in the VL-7.0 repository (see previous comments). Anyway, good news, the version of goldendict I built from source does work with the most recent package of hunspell (1.3.2-i586-1vl70) and it does display images when using the "English Wikipedia" dictionary option (and presumably any other web dictionary.) So these issues should be an easy fix for the Vector package.
PS, I am still using gcide (Webster 1913 dictionary) and am quite happy with that.