I installed VL7.0 RC-1 on a Virtualbox again last night and i got the same problem with my user accounts, this is how i did the installation:
- Booted the Installation CD.
- Hit enter to start GUI installer.
- Selected 1024x768 resolution.
- Localization Settings configured this way: Language=Spanish, Keyboard Layout=spain, Keyboard Mode=Generic 105-key (intl) PC.
- Used only one 10Gb partition that was previously on the hard drive.
- Formated it as an ext4 file system.
- Selected Full Installation.
- After installations just selected default grub configuration and clicked "next" button.
- Regional Settings: Localtime, "America/Tegucigalpa".
- When installer asked for root password i introduced some 8 characters word and clicked "next" button.
- Next i created a user named "josue" with the default values and setted a password for it.
- Didn't change anything about Network configuration nor startup services.
- Finished xorg configuration with VXCONF.
After that i still have a root user and a standard user account both with blank password and it seems i cannot change that through vasm neither.
I made a lot of screenshots if you think you need any of them.
Thank you people