VectorLinux
September 22, 2014, 07:48:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: VectorLinux 7.0 LIVE BETA-1 bug reports  (Read 6188 times)
pierce.jason
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2011, 05:41:04 pm »

I'm on Live Beta2 here.

There are two themes saved for Cairo-Dock. The one in use does not seem to be saved to either of these. If I change to "_default_" or to "Humanity-dock", then I can not change back to the setup that the live environment starts with.

I would think that the web browser in the Cairo-Dock, should be the system-default browser.  I don't know what the system-default browser is, but when I click the firefox icon in Cairo, it says it is not the default and asks to be set.

The Cairo-Dock graphics launcher has an icon for F-Spot, but F-spot does not seem to be on the system. Perhaps this should rather be an icon for Shotwell? Additionally illustrated through Cairo-Dock in the graphics launcher, but not a problem with the Dock settings... Inkscape does not properly start. Inkscape is trying to load libpoppler.so.12. The poppler-0.16.4-i486-16 package provides /usr/lib/libpoppler.so.13.0.0.

The alt-tab task switcher causes a lag and frozen mouse for 2-4 seconds. It happens the same if briefly hitting alt-tab just once, or if holding alt and then hitting tab more than once to scroll through available tasks. Each time the tab is hit in this case, the mouse freezes for 2-4 seconds. During this lag, cpu consumption for X jumps up. Observed as much as 94%.

I think I've seen this mentioned as a bug before, perhaps just on IRC. Console mouse (GDM) fails to start with system bootup. Obviously this has an impact on efficiency of working in a console.

pierce.jason
Email: $(echo -e "moc\x2eliamg\x40nosaj.ecreip" | rev)
gnomic

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2011, 09:44:53 pm »

What is this live beta 2 of which you speak? Or, to be precise, where is it? Can't see such an image in my brief search.

Not getting the problem with ALT+TAB you mention here on BETA-1. This on a ThinkPad with i915. Maybe something related to a specific video card? Perhaps I am not running enough tasks.
gnomic

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 01:48:38 pm »

After running a live session for several hours I tried to insert a USB stick - however the system said "Error creating moint [sic]point. No such file or directory". I was logged in as root iirc because of the problem with running wicd as a user.
Daniel
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 02:23:42 pm »

What is this live beta 2 of which you speak? Or, to be precise, where is it?

http://vectorlinux.osuosl.org/veclinux-7.0/iso-release/VL7.0-STD-LIVE-BETA2.iso

The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

VL 6.0 SOHO KDE-Classic on 2.3 Ghz Dual-core AMD with 3 Gigs of RAM
Pita
Vectorian

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2011, 05:52:01 pm »

Glad to report that I finally made a wireless Internet connection in HP-2133. Grin Grin Grin
In wicd-client >Preferences >wireless interface I changed eth0 to wlan0  and
connection was established after pressing Connect.  What a relief. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 05:57:15 pm by Pita » Logged
bligh

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2011, 10:26:22 pm »

Just booted rc2, it got to the desktop and connected automagically to the internet(cable).  Good work.  Now I can test it.  It seems to boot and run a little slow, it doesn't seem to be for low spec hardware although it does run on dell inspiron 4000.  900 mhz 256 mb ram linux swap part.  Vector classic kde is running well on dell lt.
Cheers

-
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 04:51:02 am by M0E-lnx » Logged
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2011, 04:19:10 pm »

After installing to hard drive, I get dbus/wicd errors.
This is because /var/run/wicd/wicd.pid exists.
I think I added a command to the installer on VL6 to avoid this, will check into that.

Edit: Yes, in VL6.0-KDE-Classic-Live, /sbin/vliveinstall was modified to remove the file.
Warning: That version of the installer also removes the vlive tools. I'll do some playing around with it.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 06:11:54 pm by nightflier » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: