VectorLinux
November 28, 2014, 10:54:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VL 7.0 Standard log in problem  (Read 1066 times)
nx2599

« on: January 19, 2012, 08:12:39 pm »

I installed Vector Linux 7.0 Standard but every time that I can't login because it won't accept my username/password. Can anyone help?

I have the correct keyboard type (caps locks is off). I created a user account. I installed it three times to make sure that I've done everything correctly but I don't know. I must be missing something.
vector
Administrator
Vectorite

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 08:54:11 pm »

if you used the gui installer which is the default be sure you click on the adduser button before clicking next this is easy to do if you are just getting used to the vl installer. If you don't want to do another full install then find vasm in the menu under system and find add user there as root. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Vec
nx2599

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 12:11:00 am »

I couldn't access vasm because I wasn't able to login at all. What I did to get in was to reinstalled it again and created two different users: one that was me and a second one (with a simple alpha password). I booted my computer and tried to login again under my user name and password and I couldn't get in, so I tried the second one and I was in with no problem.

I was then able to access vasm. Then I proceeded to add my user account but vasm wouldn't accept my root password. The only thing that I could think of is that it's not accepting passwords that are a combination of alpha, numeric, and symbols. Which could be the same reason that my user account wasn't able to login. What do you think?
nx2599

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 12:31:54 am »

I didn't us any symbols in my passwords (login and root) and it works fine now. Am I the only one who's had this problem? How can I sue symbols in my passwords? I like complex passwords.
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 04:25:19 am »

After installing and successfully logging in, did you try to change to a more complex password from the command line?
nx2599

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 03:11:29 pm »

Problem solved. I reinstalled it again using simple passwords on login and root. Once i was logged in, I changed my root and user passwords using vasm. My new passwords for user and root work perfectly now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: