Yes, I ran into that libpam issue. I use a slackbuilds.org script to repackage chrome .deb packages and 11.0 fails to run, so I went back to 10.0. Of course I don' t really use chrome, nor opera or firefox for that matter, but I keep them updated for testing. I'm still a seamonkey man,
Anyway, coming back on track... I halfheartedly searched for a pam package for slackware, but no luck yet, so I might try and build one if I get the time and no one beats me to it. I gather pam is sort of "verbotten" in the slackware world, or at least frowned upon...
I couldn't find a Slackware package either -- so I Googled and found 'http://pkgs.org/package/libpam.so.0
' and downloaded the version for CentOS 5, then installed it using mc. I then needed another package (audit-libs) that I downloaded at 'http://pkgs.org/package/audit-libs
' (again, using the CentOS 5 version and mc to install it). I don't know if that's the way it's supposed to be done, but I'm typing this message in Chrome 11.0.696.65.
At any rate, it was a quick fix -- hopefully I haven't messed anything up in my system.
Thanks for the response, BTW.