I installed on the Sempron computer and am writing this from it. Installation was flawless. For the first time, I was able to let the installer autoconfig its resolution. On earlier releases, I'd lose the monitor if I didn't choose 1024x768. The monitor on this computer is 1600x1200 and on the other desktop it's 1280x1024.
So far everything has worked fine, but the latest versions of various softwares aren't included in the ISO. For example, Scribus on the ISO is 1.3.9 but that is somewhat old; Scribus 1.4 RC4 is the latest, I think. SeaMonkey in the repos is 2.0.14 but the latest is 2.1. I hope the latest version will make it into the repos very soon.
I installed some packages from the repos (probably testing) and LOADS of dependencies were updated. I'm not sure what was doing it, but I installed SeaMonkey, FontForge, VLC, PCManFM.
Getting everything installed into VL7 RC2 took me less than two hours. The installation itself was done in a half hour. I always copy lots of stuff over from my previous installation, which speeds things up tremendously.
I hope to install on my other desktop very soon, but we're having houseguests this weekend and I probably won't have time. I've very eager to see how it runs on the Athlon 64, which has had some "issues" in the past (mainly due to the ATI graphics, I think).
When I run into a problem, I'll post about it. Good job, devs!