VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Font viewer  (Read 1412 times)

GrannyGeek

• Packager
  • Vectorian
Font viewer
« on: June 28, 2011, 02:22:36 pm »

Is there a program somewhere that lets you view a font with a message using many characters? I don't mean something like FontForge or Character Map.

Thunar displays an upper- and lower-case A in thumbnails, but I can't see more characters than that. In other versions of VL before VL7, Konqueror did have some kind of preview. I think this was using more KDE stuff, like maybe the KDE font installer.

I installed kdebase so I could get Konqueror, but I get just the minimal display of two characters and I don't see how I can get a fuller preview. I tried Dolphin, which was useless for previewing a font.

I'm hoping I don't have to install even more of KDE just so I can get decent font previews.
--GrannyGeek
Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller

newt

• Vectorian
Re: Font viewer
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 03:01:16 pm »

This page lists several applications for previewing fonts but I'm not certain it's what you're after:
http://cweiske.de/tagebuch/Linux%20font%20preview%20applications.htm

It's worth a look anyway.