VectorLinux
August 01, 2014, 08:20:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I recover my VL splash screen and desktop?  (Read 424 times)
johnpipe108

« on: August 21, 2011, 12:07:10 pm »

I had something strange happen to my VL5.8. It was running out of HD space, and first my photo directories somehow disappeared. I restored them from a backup, but the next thing I know, my VL splash screen and default desktop disappeared! Replaced by a flashing rat! I suddenly have a XFCE WM, without the VL configuration, and I want my VL splash screen back! I don't like the rat! I thought at first I'd been hacked!

I deleted a lot of stuff I didn't need to make sure there was enough space.

Thanks  in advance,

johnpipe
roarde
Vectorian

move the needle

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 01:23:27 pm »

Not sure what dm is used by 5.8, or what you might've deleted, but see if your logon has an option for "sessions" or such and choose the one that looks familiar. No idea if this'll actually help, but it's quick enough. Might get your desktop back, doubt it'll get your splash back. Would be interested to hear differently.

Robert
VL STD 7.1 RC2.2.2, icewmvmods
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: