VectorLinux
July 27, 2014, 09:52:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about security...  (Read 1634 times)
Drawo

« on: September 13, 2011, 01:15:55 am »

I play much online games, is it NEEDED to install a virus protection, or, can i scan online ?
and when i installed for example Avast, what must i do ? Its not a tlz file but i believe TAR GLZ.
When its not needed to do it let me please now.
VectorLinux is the only one who works on me old AMD Athlon xp1800+ with Nvidia TNT Riva, and i could works for a few years more with that realy good computer. SO, keep on that splendid work Vector Team !!!!
PLEASE some advice, i don't want to send infected files to me friends.
Greetings,
Drawo
tictacPoc

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 11:22:50 am »

Hi,

I don't think you need to Avast as Vector Linux. You have several good Linux virus soft in the package. (Clamav is excellent) Look in the Package management for find a good soft you need.

Also! You are not on Windows! I do not think you really need a antivus.

Good luck and welcome
pierce.jason
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 12:52:00 pm »

As far as online games, the important thing is keeping your browser up to date and keeping flash or java up to date(whichever you use for games).

pierce.jason
Email: $(echo -e "moc\x2eliamg\x40nosaj.ecreip" | rev)
Drawo

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 10:34:29 pm »

Hi,

I don't think you need to Avast as Vector Linux. You have several good Linux virus soft in the package. (Clamav is excellent) Look in the Package management for find a good soft you need.

Also! You are not on Windows! I do not think you really need a antivus.

Good luck and welcome
Thanks for your advice... gonna look for clamav.
have a nice day !
Drawo
Drawo

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 10:36:50 pm »

As far as online games, the important thing is keeping your browser up to date and keeping flash or java up to date(whichever you use for games).
I use flash, now am retired i must do something... In the afternoon i do me training, rowing and Nordic walking, so i train my mind and my body.
Have a nice day.
Drawo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: