VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Question about security...  (Read 1940 times)

Drawo

Question about security...
« on: September 13, 2011, 02:15:55 am »

I play much online games, is it NEEDED to install a virus protection, or, can i scan online ?
and when i installed for example Avast, what must i do ? Its not a tlz file but i believe TAR GLZ.
When its not needed to do it let me please now.
VectorLinux is the only one who works on me old AMD Athlon xp1800+ with Nvidia TNT Riva, and i could works for a few years more with that realy good computer. SO, keep on that splendid work Vector Team !!!!
PLEASE some advice, i don't want to send infected files to me friends.
Greetings,
Drawo

tictacPoc

Re: Question about security...
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 12:22:50 pm »

Hi,

I don't think you need to Avast as Vector Linux. You have several good Linux virus soft in the package. (Clamav is excellent) Look in the Package management for find a good soft you need.

Also! You are not on Windows! I do not think you really need a antivus.

Good luck and welcome

pierce.jason

• Packager
  • Vectorite
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 01:52:00 pm »

As far as online games, the important thing is keeping your browser up to date and keeping flash or java up to date(whichever you use for games).
pierce.jason
Email: $(echo -e "moc\x2eliamg\x40nosaj.ecreip" | rev)

Drawo

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 11:34:29 pm »

Hi,

I don't think you need to Avast as Vector Linux. You have several good Linux virus soft in the package. (Clamav is excellent) Look in the Package management for find a good soft you need.

Also! You are not on Windows! I do not think you really need a antivus.

Good luck and welcome
Thanks for your advice... gonna look for clamav.
have a nice day !
Drawo

Drawo

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 11:36:50 pm »

As far as online games, the important thing is keeping your browser up to date and keeping flash or java up to date(whichever you use for games).
I use flash, now am retired i must do something... In the afternoon i do me training, rowing and Nordic walking, so i train my mind and my body.
Have a nice day.
Drawo