Also running on a2.3
1. Can confirm... cannot auto-mount CD/DVD and pendrive
2. Does not seem to be any modules for my wireless adapter.
lspci shows it as...
lspci | grep Network
03:00.0 Network controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR9287 Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) (rev 01)
Found some instruction to install it myself so take the next bit for what it is worth...
Downloaded compat-wireless-3.0-2.tar.bz2. Decompressed and did make and got the following error...
/home/ken/compat-wireless-3.0-2/config.mk:212: "WARNING: CONFIG_CFG80211_WEXT will be deactivated or not working because kernel was compiled with CONFIG_WIRELESS_EXT=n. Tools using wext interface like iwconfig will not work. To activate it build your kernel e.g. with CONFIG_LIBIPW=m."
./scripts/gen-compat-autoconf.sh config.mk > include/linux/compat_autoconf.h
make -C /lib/modules/3.0.4/build M=/home/ken/compat-wireless-3.0-2 modules
make: *** /lib/modules/3.0.4/build: No such file or directory. Stop.
make: *** [modules] Error 2
3. gslapt will not start from menu. ktsuss can not run command. Command not found.
(gslapt command is not found in terminal as root either.)
4. Avahi-daemon is running but Thunar does not offer "Network" in the side pane.
5. vasm will not start. Failed to run /sbin/vasm --super-vasm as user root.
The gksu-run-helper command was not found or is not executable.
(This is also true for "root-terminal" in the accessories menu and vcpufreq in the system menu.
6. gkrellm shows I have 5408mb of free memory...nice.
gkrellm is not in the menu. True for 32bit as well I believe.
7. "Disk Utility" under system menu does not start.