VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Compiling a game with SDL libraries  (Read 2346 times)

Villain

Compiling a game with SDL libraries
« on: September 20, 2011, 11:41:17 am »

I'm attempting to install a game that uses SDL.  I've installed the latest stable release of SDL (SDL-1.2.14) and SDL_gfx-2.0.22 from source.  During game compilation, I receive this error:

Code: [Select]
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..   -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT  -I/usr/include/libxml2   -I./guichan/include -DPKG_DATADIR=\""/usr/local/share/manaplus/"\" -DLOCALEDIR=\""/usr/local/share/locale"\" -Wall   -DUSE_INTERNALGUICHAN   -MT gui/widgets/manaplus-avatarlistbox.o -MD -MP -MF gui/widgets/.deps/manaplus-avatarlistbox.Tpo -c -o gui/widgets/manaplus-avatarlistbox.o `test -f 'gui/widgets/avatarlistbox.cpp' || echo './'`gui/widgets/avatarlistbox.cpp
In file included from ./localplayer.h:28:0,
                 from gui/widgets/avatarlistbox.cpp:28:
./client.h:33:27: fatal error: SDL_framerate.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [gui/widgets/manaplus-avatarlistbox.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/adam/manaplus/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/adam/manaplus'
make: *** [all] Error 2

SDL_framerate.h is a part of the SDL_gfx library.  The game is searching /usr/include/SDL for the appropriate include files, however, the SDL libraries that I've installed from source have been installed in /usr/local/lib by their respective packages. 

I see two solutions to this but don't know how to do so.  I install the libraries in the directory the game is searching for the files or I have the game search a different directory for the SDL files instead of its default.  I think it would be easier to have the game search for /usr/local/lib where my SDL libraries are located during compilation and I've tried "make -I/usr/local/lib" but still receive the same error.  What should I do to fix this problem?

pierce.jason

• Packager
  • Vectorite
Re: Compiling a game with SDL libraries
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 11:49:00 am »

Do you have a configure executable in the source directory? `./configure --includedir=/usr/local/lib` would probably do the trick.
pierce.jason
Email: $(echo -e "moc\x2eliamg\x40nosaj.ecreip" | rev)

hata_ph

• Packager
  • Vectorian
  • -- Just being myself --
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 09:00:37 pm »

have u try run below in terminal?

locate SDL_framerate.h

Villain

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 09:01:56 am »

Thanks for the replies.

I made copies of the SDL library files from /usr/local/lib to /usr/include/SDL.  I know that isn't the best approach but it allowed me to compile. 

I was looking for the "correct" way to solve my problem so I will give your includedir suggestion a try pierce.jason.