VectorLinux
December 22, 2014, 01:32:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TP-link tl-mr3220 router can't save config file once power off  (Read 6705 times)
vincent2
Vectorite

« on: October 01, 2011, 07:39:28 pm »

Bonjour!

Just bought a new router tplink tl-mr3220, updated the firmware to the

latest from tplink website (3.12.8 Build 110418 Rel.43954n now), then

reboot, router was dead....i ve got press reset key for 30 seconds to

make router working again,then  i power off router, then router config

file lost again,

everytime  switch on router, have to reconfig the router.....in tl-mr3220 manual ,

it only mentions that  updating firware should be done with LAN

connection to router not by wifi, later I tried updated with LAN

connection, but problem remains .

I even tried downgrading firmware to the original, problem remains.......

anyway , Now router config file can't be saved by router once power off,....

any fix firmware I can try?

Or it's the malfunction of IC chips inside router? as TPlink router was made in evil china slave factories, thus malfunction of router's rampant issue among tplink router users....
of course TPLink CEOs denied alll allegations
Or the problem of tiny capacitors  inside router?
in fact ,Vendor already changed the router more than three times,such daunting symdrome continues.....
any linux user has the same detesting experiences with tplink products across the globe?do let me know

I'd like to dig more about the true nature of TPLINK corporation!

a bien tot
vincent2
Vectorite

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 02:46:41 am »

here's the reply from snorbish evil @#$%& TPLINK staff today:
On Monday, October 03, 2011 10:47 AM, "Amber.Chen" <Amber.Chen@tp-link.com> wrote:

Dear customer,

Thanks for your Email requesting information about our products.

This is Amber from TP-LINK technical support. I am glad to help you.

For your issue, after reconfiguration, the rotuer is working properly, right?

It is really strange. Are the lights on the rotuer normal?

Actually, this issue is just an Individual case. And we do not have any distinction of nationality to all our customers.

Any further help please feel free to let me know. Have a great day.

Best regards.

----------------------------------------------
    Amber.Chen

Technical Support Engineer
    TP-LINK TECHNOLOGIES CO., LTD.

E-mail:Amber.Chen@tp-link.com

They shew just ignorance of the issue of faulty flash memory Chips inside TPLINK TL-MR3220 router

God will bring evil red china into hell ASAP!!!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 03:52:32 am by nightflier » Logged
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 03:58:39 am »

I'm surprised they even answered you. Customer service is one of the first things to go in order to lower the prices of products.

It's fine to vent a little in the forum, but please watch your language. I helped you out by removing an unacceptable word from your post.
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 04:13:23 am »

vincent2,

since your issue is not related to VL we cannot help you much. why don't you send back your brand new router for warranty?
vincent2
Vectorite

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 05:33:43 pm »

why don't you send back your brand new router for warranty?

Bonjour!
of course
I did sent it back for replacement from vendor,but now it's third new one , problem remains still===ie:once power off router, TL-MR3220 goes into dummy state, has to press reset button 20 secs.,all setting was lost then...
i'm sure it's the problem of faulty flash memory chips inside....

the issue 's annoying...Vendor was cheated by TPLINK of course
as I got it from Cambodia , a country which evil china can dump faulty goods whatever they want, in history evil china helped POL POT terro khmer rouge regime, did most evil things to kingdom cambodia many times many times
vincent2
Vectorite

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 05:45:44 pm »

:'(the tricky thing is that TL-MR3220 were never released into evil china domestic market and Northe america and EU market yet, mainly for dumping to the third world countries in this prison planet...
TPLINK made the monpoly in the third world contries IT spareparts market....Even evil red china ambassadors all kinds takes commissions from TPLINK and in  their payroll for sure...
TPLINK can continue FOOLing USERs
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 06:37:56 pm »

Did you update the ROM once you get a new replacement from the vendor?
Well, if the replacement is still faulty then you have the right to demand a fully functional replacement...you should check with your vendor
vincent2
Vectorite

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 07:33:41 pm »

Did you update the ROM once you get a new replacement from the vendor?
Well, if the replacement is still faulty then you have the right to demand a fully functional replacement...you should check with your vendor
what do you mean for "update the ROM"?
Did you mean replacing flash memory ROM chip inside router or updating firmware by flash ROM?
You see this is cambodia, vendor don't know how to replace ROM chips, even knew no quality ROM chips available besides rampant evil china faulty chips in the market,also TPLINK will not allow vendor or distributor in cambodia doing it  by refusing refund the goods ...
in vendor shop, we did updating firware to the latest, tried 20 routers, all the same problem:once power , config setting lost...so they said once switch on the router , better not switch off again, but once in brown hours, restarting again have to reconfig
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 04:58:28 pm »

Keep on re-configure the router is not an option. You should demand a workable replacement from them or report the issue to the consumer dept...
vincent2
Vectorite

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 07:33:05 pm »

Those evil red communists RULES and manages TPLINK refused still...
keeps denying the issues...
Any users of TPLINK products will  land at nowhere, till trashing into e-waste while china made circuits boards always pose hazards to natural environment ...we 'd better send it to evil red cina embassies across the globe for recycling the poisons.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: