VectorLinux
November 26, 2014, 02:53:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad news  (Read 8725 times)
Deach
Vectorite

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2011, 11:09:19 am »

Granny, been gone from the VL forums for a bit but I want you to know I wish you nothing but the best.  That inspiron laptop you helped me with the video on is still going to this day, and still in use.  I will keep you in my thoughts.  Thanks and best regards,
Deach

Inspiron 4000 Laptop, VL 6.0  600 mhz; 384 ram : Inspiron1100 VL 6.0
Inspiron B120 & B130 Laptop, VL 6.0  1. 4& 1.5  ghz; 1gig ram
IBM Thinkpad Laptop, VL 6.0  1.5 ghz;  1 gig ram
ronnyquest

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2011, 11:29:10 am »

Wow!  I just saw this post.  GrannyGeek, I know you have contributed a great deal to the community and I work every day with the results of your contributions to Vector Linux.  The community owes you a great debt for helping to make Vector the awesome distribution it has become.  I wish you well and hope the treatment helps. 

Compaq Presario 900Z (AMD Athlon MP, 1.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 30 GB HDD) - VL 6.0 Standard
Gateway Laptop (Celeron M 1.60 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB HDD) - VL 6.0
2 x Homebrew PCs (AMD Phenom II X4 965, 4096MB RAM, 500 GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon HD 5700, ASUS M4A79XTD EVO) - VL 7.0-64
SuSE-Refugee
Ex-Officio
Vectorite

Dude In The Snappy Hat

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2011, 11:18:43 am »

The trouble with 'net-communities; Seeing the ones I have ranked high on my list get dumped all kinds of nasty upon...
Like you.
And like you said: The disappearing of pain *could* be due to tumor-shrinking and I certainly hope so.
Hang in there Granny.

One curt Dutch dissident rooting fer ya.

<Lame sig>
GrannyGeek
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2011, 05:03:06 pm »

The trouble with 'net-communities; Seeing the ones I have ranked high on my list get dumped all kinds of nasty upon...
Like you.
And like you said: The disappearing of pain *could* be due to tumor-shrinking and I certainly hope so.
Hang in there Granny.

One curt Dutch dissident rooting fer ya.

How nice to see you back here!

I've had the first treatment of Round 2 and so far have had no nausea from any of the treatments. My hair is thinning so it may be starting to fall out, but not necessarily. I am pain free, which is surely a good sign. I won't be having tests to see how things are going for a couple of months, probably.

Thanks, everyone, for your good wishes and concern. The support of my cyberfriends means a lot to me.
--GrannyGeek

Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller
stretchedthin
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2011, 09:14:00 pm »

Granny, that's sounds very positive.  No nausea, no pain, that was so encouraging to read I actually called my wife over to my computer room to share the news with her.   Granny thinning hair can be a great excuse
to try some wigs on that you've always wanted too but never had reason to dare too.

Blonde, brunette or red-head, either way, I'm cheering for you.

Vectorlinux screencasts and  tutorials can be found at....
http://www.opensourcebistro.com/blog1
http://www.youtube.com/user/vid4ken?feature=mhee
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2011, 02:58:20 am »

Grannygeek a blonde?  Not in my book.  A sweet lady who knows prepositions as she does is clearly a red head with, perhaps, 3 or 10 streaks of blonde.

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
Colonel Panic
Vectorian

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2011, 11:35:44 pm »

How nice to see you back here!

I've had the first treatment of Round 2 and so far have had no nausea from any of the treatments. My hair is thinning so it may be starting to fall out, but not necessarily. I am pain free, which is surely a good sign. I won't be having tests to see how things are going for a couple of months, probably.

Thanks, everyone, for your good wishes and concern. The support of my cyberfriends means a lot to me.
--GrannyGeek

Good luck Granny! Great to see that the treatments seem to be going well and that you're pain free.

- CP

caitlyn
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2011, 09:38:27 am »

Just popped back in for the first time in a long while and read the bad news and the progress reports.  Granny, my heart is with you and I will keep you in my thoughts. 

eMachines EL-1300G desktop, 1.6GHz AMD Athlon 2650e CPU, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 6150 SE video
CentOS 6.5 (will try VL64-7.1 soon)

Toshiba Satellite A135-S4727,  Intel Pentium T2080 / 1.73 GHz, 2GB RAM, Intel GMA 950

HP Mini 110 netbook, 1.6GHz Intel Atom CPU, 2GB RAM, Intel 950 video, VL 7.1
Sty
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2011, 03:56:01 pm »

Wow, I just popped in to see what was happening and read the topic. I'm so sorry to hear about that, Granny, I wish you, your husband, and your family the absolute best. I hope and pray for a speedy and full recovery!

* Enterprise *
Running Vector Linux 5.9 Deluxe
|| Intel Core2Duo E6600 | 4 GB DDR2 RAM | ATi Radeon X1900XT ||
vincent2
Vectorite

« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2011, 06:01:21 am »

Bonjour!Granny,

Do change your daily menu (more vegetable, more fibre, no more sick yankee fast food ),
eat 6-10  fresh organic red tomatos a day,
3 glass of fresh potato shake(with ginger lemon no milk) as food remedy..
you'll see the diference.
if you've extra cash to spare, do travel independently to india plus sri lanka
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2011, 12:52:23 pm »

Just would like to extend my best wishes and hope you are comfortable.

Everything Is Relative
Herpy
Vectorite

« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2011, 09:08:51 am »

Cancer. A big killer in my family. I wish you the best of luck.

Forever in a box
Murdock

« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2011, 03:05:50 am »

Bonjour!Granny,

Do change your daily menu (more vegetable, more fibre, no more sick yankee fast food ),
eat 6-10  fresh organic red tomatos a day,
3 glass of fresh potato shake(with ginger lemon no milk) as food remedy..
you'll see the diference.
if you've extra cash to spare, do travel independently to india plus sri lanka

Granny. http://www.edenia.com/medical/solano.htm
Call him and get H2O2 treatments.It's better than anything you could ever get in the corporatocracy.

kazuya
Vectorite

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2012, 06:34:05 am »

I just got hold of this news. That is super bad news. I will keep you in my prayers. Sometimes, I forget that we are all still human and subject to life's effects. I pray you recover fully and beat that thing. That is definitly bad news. Best of luck and like some have said here, you definitly inspired folks like myself as well; Not just in the VL community.
MikeCindi
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2013, 03:11:09 pm »

Haven't heard from Ms. GG in a very long time.  Hoping for the best...but fearing the worst as she has been a valued member here for a long time and would post if able.  Don't know if anyone has other contact with GG outside this forum and could update. 

The plans of the diligent lead to profit...Pro. 21:5
VL64 7.1b3                                     RLU 486143
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: