VectorLinux
September 22, 2014, 05:52:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Vectorlinux7 RC3.4 bug reports and comments  (Read 14286 times)
vector
Administrator
Vectorite

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 07:11:05 pm »

Hi. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it doesn't, unfortunately. I changed to "uk" and still ended up with the same (wrong) keystrokes that I had before.
colonel panic ok thanks for testing our first two efforts please try number three.................Smiley
download and install this package: http://vectorlinux.osuosl.org/vec7/vlkbdset-0.1-noarch-vl70.txz
then run vasm and let us know if any success or failure.
Fingers crossed!!

Cheers,
Vec
scififry

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2011, 08:21:25 am »

Installed successfully onto the Duron, now posting from it.
New Kernel works great and increased the operating speed a lot! Smiley
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2011, 08:02:45 pm »

Installed it on my Samsung N110 netbook.
Installation went without problems. Everything is working out of the box ( wireless, touchpad,..)
Using VL Quickpicks makes it very easy to install frequently used programs.
The only bug i'm having at the moment is when I try to set up screensaver. Xscreensaver is saying the deamon is not running and when clicking ok to activate, I get the following error :
Code:
The xscreensaver daemon did not start up properly.Please check your $PATH and permissions.

That's all for now.

greets

nicdm

there is a new xscreensaver-5.15 available in the testing repo. Pls test it see does it have the same problem or not...thanks Smiley
Colonel Panic
Vectorian

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2011, 10:23:40 am »

Hi. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it doesn't, unfortunately. I changed to "uk" and still ended up with the same (wrong) keystrokes that I had before.
colonel panic ok thanks for testing our first two efforts please try number three.................Smiley
download and install this package: http://vectorlinux.osuosl.org/vec7/vlkbdset-0.1-noarch-vl70.txz
then run vasm and let us know if any success or failure.
Fingers crossed!!

Cheers,
Vec

Thanks, I will.

Best,

CP .
tictacPoc

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2011, 12:54:15 pm »

I installed on Mini Laptop LT30 Gateway amd ( 2 go de ram, 250go drive, video x1280amd chipset, proco amd athlon LT110 ) on 2 different hard drive. One SSD kington 60 go and other regular drive.  Other config: AMD quadcore black edition, graphic card 4670 hdmi, 3 hard drive, two screen ( one 22 and one 24 po ) 2 keyboard one blutooth logitech X5000 mouse and keyboard and other regular.

Not problem with all config. run perfectly.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 04:48:09 am by tictacPoc » Logged
aryr100

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2011, 03:03:59 pm »

Found ach-makepkg 3.5.4 depends on fake root for the update
*Grabbed the  fake root package from slackbuilds using sbopkg then upgraded arch without a problem*
Found Gslapt has extra enabled could cause problem with upgrading python from 2.7.1 to 2.7.2
pierce.jason
Packager
Vectorite

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2011, 03:58:46 pm »

Found ach-makepkg 3.5.4 depends on fake root for the update
*Grabbed the  fake root package from slackbuilds using sbopkg then upgraded arch without a problem*
Found Gslapt has extra enabled could cause problem with upgrading python from 2.7.1 to 2.7.2

fakeroot is in the testing repo. Seems we still have quite a few in testing that haven't moved out to extra or packages.

Why would extra repo cause problems upgrading python?

pierce.jason
Email: $(echo -e "moc\x2eliamg\x40nosaj.ecreip" | rev)
Pita
Vectorian

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2011, 04:58:03 pm »

On booting there is still the error message that in
/lib/udev/rules.d/56-hpmud_support.rules SYSFS has still not been changed to ATTR.
vincent2
Vectorite

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2011, 05:35:00 pm »

Bonjour!

Vl7stdrc3.4 installation went smoothly on sharp mebuis PC-GP10-BE laptop ,once booting into system,laptop keyboard and mouse still occasionally go dummy due to the design flaw of S3 savage twistter graphic chips embeded with MB(which was contracted to cunny taiwanese company, manufactured in EVIL RED CHINA'S SWEATSHOP MANUAFACTURE BASE -SHENZHEN CITY -hk'S RED OUTSHIRTS),IT'S JUST DESTESTING experiences,even charity ORGs and NGOs don't accept this laptop .....

Ralink3370 chip based  wifi usb still not working at all, pls. put the ralink 3370 driver on VL mirrror ASAP!

idnkit package still missing  with vl7stdrc34, then nslookup won't work,had to download it frcom slackware 's mirror.
GrannyGeek
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2011, 07:22:41 pm »

I don't have an option to shut down or log out in XFce, just log out.

There was an easier one-command way to start an nfs network, but I don't remember what it was and I had to do my usual five or so rpc commands to get the network started. I'm having a problem. though. and will see if it persists through a reboot.

I installed Scribus--glad to see it's in the repos. I'm  perfectly content to download it but I do hope it will updated regularly.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to install on the Sempron.
--GrannyGeek

Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller
vector
Administrator
Vectorite

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2011, 07:44:02 pm »

Ralink3370 chip based  wifi usb still not working at all, pls. put the ralink 3370 driver on VL mirrror ASAP!
Vincent....the rt2800usb module is supposed to cover that is that module not being loaded? Please reply asap

Thanks,
Vec
vincent2
Vectorite

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2011, 01:14:00 am »

the rt2800usb module is supposed to cover that is that module not being loaded? Please reply asap
modprobe rt2800 with no problem....
but ralink 3370 wifi won't work still, still had to download the driver from ralink website and then install then ralink 3370 works.....
while as  you claimed , there's built-in driver with the kerne-3.0.4, but till it doesn't work
Pita
Vectorian

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2011, 07:40:07 pm »

Yes for user in xfce4 clicking on panel "Log Out Dialog" it goes straight to login
display. No dialog, however, for root there is the usual dialog.
GrannyGeek
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2011, 07:01:00 am »

I've installed RC3.4 on the Sempron computer. My LCD monitor runs at 1280x1024 and that resolution has never worked in the graphical installer. I always give it a try with a new release and at least this time I got a picture instead of a monitor disappearance with a "Non Optimum Resolution" or "Non Optimum Refresh Rate" that required a computer shutdown. The picture I got was distorted, however, and I couldn't get to the boxes on which to click. So I restarted at 1024x768 and that worked fine for installation, as it always has. Once I do the autosetup without xorg the proper 1280x1024 res at 60 Hz is properly identified and working. I'm using the nouveau driver.

I have the same problem with exiting as I have on my Athlon computer. The only choice is Logout; Shutdown and Restart are grayed out. The Hibernate, etc., options don't appear. I don't care about those as I never use them. This is running as user. I've never tried to log out or shut down as root.

I've rebooted twice, maybe. On my Athlon the DNS server was wrong after a reboot. I fixed it in /etc/resolv.conf but need to reboot to see if it holds this time. I didn't encounter this problem on the Sempron. Will see what happens with a reboot.

There is still much I haven't done. I'm having an nfs problem on my network that I haven't tried hard to track down. If I can't figure it out I'll ask.

On the whole, quite satisfactory.
--GrannyGeek

Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2011, 08:42:08 am »

Got the opportunity to try 3.4 on some real hardware, one with a GeForce GT 240 and another with a Radeon X800. I was pleasantly surprised to see how far the open source video drivers have come. On both machines, tuxracer was playable!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: