VectorLinux
September 20, 2014, 03:42:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: VectorLinux 7.0 GOLD has been released!!  (Read 43759 times)
nitehawk
Vectorite

Just me.

« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2012, 03:28:48 pm »

I've installed Vector 7 Standard on several computers,...and never had a problem setting up/adding a user on the initial install.   And I stopped the Cairo Dock as well.  It's just one of those things in the "start-up sessions" that you can go to,  and click to not start when you start-up Vector.   Then I just clicked on the edge of the top panel,...and dragged it on down to the bottom.  And also,...guess I really like having the different choices of apps.  But then,....I'm one of those still stuck on dialup,....and am thrilled not to have to do a bunch of downloading the apps I want.  (I'm spoiled).   Grin
Herpy
Vectorite

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2012, 04:23:42 pm »

I just use the fluxbox wm in Vector, runs perfectly!

Forever in a box
tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2012, 09:28:47 am »

All right, I've been using 7.0 GOLD exclusively for a few weeks now, and I think it's safe to say that this is the best OS I've ever used.  Version 7.0 runs even faster doing the same things on the hardware I was using for 6.0, and has more features ... I could go on, but I couldn't be more impressed.

I'll probably make a donation before Deluxe comes out (have to figure out what I can afford), and then buy the Deluxe edition (I assume there will be one).

All my thanks to everyone involved.

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
danthemannewtolinux
Vectorite

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2012, 01:29:12 pm »

I gotta say, your guys' disto is the best, i had a bit of trouble with the live install cd not picking up my wireless stick or playing dvds but....i reinstalled about an hour ago with gold and it's awesome!!!! it not only picked up my wireless stick, but i'm also able to enjoy my dvd's now as it started playing them. i'm not knocking other distros of linux but....i tried six different distros and NONE would pick up my compact flash drive in my old sony vaio laptop other than vector!!! The only thing i dont really like is when i'm streaming any video from hard drive, flash drive, usb stick, or disc it's too slow and i gotta go into fluxbox to get it to stream normal speed(although, music plays fine).....also, for support u guys rock in that department also, i'm very glad i found vector and will be using it for years to come. All the best!!

Dan
fogpipe
Vectorite

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2012, 05:07:54 am »

I just got vl7 std installed. Absolutely beautiful job Smiley Thank you all! I will be remembering you via the donate button and paypal Smiley
syncdram

« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2012, 12:26:18 pm »

Hi Everyone, I've only used Ubuntu since its inception, I have just recently within the past 2 weeks discovered Vector. I'm duel booting but finding myself keeping Vector up. This is a great distro, fast and stable. Vector 7 gold is what I'm running. Install went flawless. Its a hole new world and a breath of fresh air. Great job guys!
Dark Rider

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2012, 04:10:34 am »

The downloads page says a 64 bit of 7.0 standard is being tested and to see the forum for more info. Where is that thread?
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2012, 04:29:39 am »

http://forum.vectorlinux.com/index.php?topic=16086.0

That's the release annoucement for RC2, so the download links will get you RC2, but if you look in http://vectorlinux.osuosl.org/Uelsk8s/iso-test/ , RC2.10 is the latest at this point.

Dark Rider

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2012, 08:41:55 am »

Thanks Moe. I may try it soon. I normally like the extra resources you get with 64 bit.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: