Please support VectorLinux!

Author Topic: Installing VL 6.0 Light - install media not found  (Read 1043 times)

alebar88

Installing VL 6.0 Light - install media not found
« on: November 29, 2011, 06:54:03 am »
Hello,
i'm trying to install for the first time VL 6.0 Light with a bootable cd on a pc with Pentium II 333MHz 128Mb RAM, IDE HDD and IDE CDrom.
The installation progress give me an error error after i select the "find media" command.
The message is:"I could not find the install media on the hard disk or the CDROM as well. Please check... If you really have that but i cannot get it, maybe you are using an advanced technology may author could not afford. We must abort at this time".
Previously i have selected sata kernel.
The cdrom is secondary master.
With the command "probedisk", both hdd and cdrom are found.
Please give me a hint.
Thank you.

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: Installing VL 6.0 Light - install media not found
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 12:47:57 pm »
Is this a laptop?

Is there anything else installed on this machine, or are you gonna wipe the hard drive?

alebar88

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 09:05:40 am »
Hello, thank you for your interest.
The pc is a desktop.
The previous os was win95; then with the win95 installation cd, I have formatted the hard disk.
Now I want to install VL Light 6.0; the hdd is 4GB FAT32 no partitioned.

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 10:53:11 am »
Looks like the installer doesn't see your optical drive. :(

Another possible option is to try the LiveCD version and see if it will install.

The next step to try would be a multi-step hard drive install. The process goes something like this: Boot a utility CD and re-partition the drive. Make and format a FAT partiton just big enough to hold the ISO file. Copy the file to the root of this partiton (C:\VL6.0-Light-Final.iso). Boot off the install CD and see if it finds the ISO file. If that works, you can install without a swap partition, and convert the FAT partiton to swap later. Post if you want to go this route, and we'll give more detailed instructions.