Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Installing synergy (sharing mouse and keyboard over network)  (Read 921 times)

Installing synergy (sharing mouse and keyboard over network)
« on: December 02, 2011, 07:26:01 am »

Hello, I come from the debian family OS's and ?ḿ trying to broaden my horizon here.

The thing is I need to install a little program called synergy. It allows you to share a mouse and a keyboard with two or more computers over the network, the same as a KVM switch but via software.

The synergy team has binary for windows, mac, debian and red hat, and the source code. I downloaded the source tarball and tried with the ./configure, make, make install combo but was not successful, then I searched a bit the forums/wikis and found out there is a tool for installing tarball, but again, not successful.

A search for synergy plus vector linux gave me a forum thread with a package ready, but is no longer available, is for vector 5.8 (I'm currently in 7.0) and there's no more info.

Could you please give me a hand on this. Thanks in advance.

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: Installing synergy (sharing mouse and keyboard over network)
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 07:34:59 am »

Make a new package request here and we will see what we can do for you.
Vectorlinux screencasts and  tutorials can be found at....