VectorLinux
October 22, 2014, 04:28:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Opening a PDF file from a link provided in Thunderbird email [SOLVED]  (Read 2916 times)
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2011, 10:18:48 pm »

I just try thunderbird-8.0 in VL7 Gold and pdf open fine using epdfviewer...if thunderbird as you to use other program to open...just look for /usr/bin/epdfview...
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2011, 12:15:05 am »

Perhaps you could email me the file with the link and I could see what happens with it when I try to open it on my system?  I just don't understand why when you type edit>preferences>attachments you are not seeing a list of files.  For example, my list is 9 files long, including such as xlsx, odt, JPEG. etc.  The "Action" part of that page gives me many options as to each type of file (save, open, etc).

Let me know on this page if you do email something to me so I can make sure my spam filters don't delete it.

John

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
Canuck

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2011, 05:17:56 am »

Found a 'less than elegant' solution.  In the email, where the link appears, I copy the entire link and place it in  Opera   or in  Firefox (tried this in Opera) and then the browser using the link secures the PDF file AND  opens it in the PDF viewer.    This only involves the added step of copying the link and placing it in a browser.    The process is automated in Evolution.   

So consider the issue resolved.  Clearly an issue associated with Thunderbird.   Now that I know what to do, it solves my problem.

Thank you to all who worked on a solution.   
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: