VectorLinux
October 23, 2014, 06:49:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Live CD Booting Question - Is there a Safe Mode?  (Read 788 times)
websterhamster

« on: December 23, 2011, 10:50:48 am »

Hi there,

I'm new to VL, and I was trying to boot it Live on an older Dell laptop. No matter what I do, it always ends up with some sort of failure at acpi, and then shows a pile of hex codes and whatnot that perhaps a nerdier person would understand. Roll Eyes

I had a similar problem when I first booted Mageia Live, but that was solved by booting in "safe mode", which excluded acpi, I guess. Is there any way to do that with VL?

Thanks very much,

websterhamster
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 11:53:30 am »

When the boot menu appears, press the Tab key. It should give you an editable line. Add your options to it, like acpi=off vga=normal etc.
websterhamster

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 12:46:57 pm »

Thanks for the help!

I added acpi=off to the command, and it worked, until it got to the following line:

[     1.392563]  fnic: Cisco FCoE HBA Driver, ver 1.5.0.1

Does this mean my computer is incompatible with this driver, or can I skip it?

Thanks for answering my questions, I'm obviously still learning Linux!

~WH
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: