VectorLinux
July 29, 2014, 06:36:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Solved] VL6 light and Tenda W311U problems  (Read 4360 times)
fh67

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2012, 08:10:00 am »

I 'downgraded' to the ...1vl60 version, it installed properly and I rebooted, ran KDM update to select the autologin option again and ... it works!!! The computer automatically logs in the right user, sets up the wireless very rapidly indeed and then is good to go. Brilliant.

Incidentally, I got Gslapt to update the available packages list after 'downgrading' the version of kdm-small - and the ...2vl60 version no longer appears as an option.

Well, I've learned quite a bit thanks to your help. I'm not sure exactly what I've learned yet, but i know it is quite a lot.  Grin

Now I just need to set it up on my friend's network.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Many thanks indeed. Would never have got this far without your expert help.

FH67
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2012, 10:17:53 am »

Yeah, I knew there was a version discrepancy involved, that's why I called it a "quick and dirty" fix. Wink

I'd say we can marked this one solved. Go back to your original post in this thread, click the "Modify" link and add [Solved] to the tiltle. Have fun continuing your Linux learning experience!  Cool
fh67

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2012, 02:03:05 pm »

Thank you nightflier - one pleased and happy friend tonight! Connects fine and works well if you're patient with it at times. It's those really script-filled pages that slow it down, but I didn't want to complicate things more with anything like 'no-script'.

Your help has been greatly appreciated and, credit where it is due, I mentioned your name and VL forum in helping getting it to work.

All the best,

FH67
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: