On my home server, which I wait to be delivered, I need Apache Tomcat, MySQL, few croned C programmes and GIT/SVN. I am pretty sure I do not need any kind of GUI to do that - just command line with root + few users to ensure www safety.
1. Is Vector Linux good choice for me?
2. Do administrators often choose it as server system?
3. I will have old HP ProLiant DL380 G3 - are older machines somehow supported?
4. Will these few applications I need be easily installed and configured or there are some known problems?
5. Is it easy to install Vector Linux without X?
edit: Should I go for VL 6 or is VL7 stable enough now? (I know it is fresh edition)