I got my Belkin F5D7010 working with the native driver and it worked great for a couple of days, but I lost the signal today and when I looked in etc/wpa_supplicant.conf, found that my input (as per the instructions for setting up a WPA code in the How Tos) had been altered. All that was left was the essid and the psk plus another, bogus "psk" consisting of a load of numbers and letters, extending the whole width of the page. When I delete them the Belkin works fine...for a few days, then I have to do the same thing again. I had the same problem with my last install, and did manage to rectify it- probably be accident, as I can't remember what I did. Actually, I can't remember many things these days......
Anyone come across this?
Now can't get any internet connection now with the wpa psk on. Working with an open connection, and quite a decent connection, but would like it encrypted, even though I only intend this laptop for writing. will need an internet connection to print if I ever get cups to work..
Now have taken everything off that related to the wireless and started again, using native module and a brand new key. At the moment I have a connection, but it fluctuates between 4% and 30%. When I had this on ndiswrapper it worked better (ie stronger signal), but I now can't get ndiswrpper to work. When I reboot I lose the wireless completely and have to set up all over again. When I use VASM to probe the hardware, it sets it up as eth1 rtl8180 in modprobe.conf, even though I've blacklisted rtl8180. Have tried setting up as eth1 rather than wlan0, bot the computer tells me there's no such thing. Have taken ndiswrapper off and am back with the crappy rtl8180 connection. It works- but not very well. Which makes resolving the problem with cups problematical as I won't know how much is down to a naff connection
Added 12 feb
Am of the opinion that the long psk is the result of me changing the psk settings from passphrase to preshared key on wicd.
Have tried to reinstall ndiswrapper but it's still not starting on boot and Vasm still enters the wireless card as eth1 when I probe the hardware. It also appears to remove alias wlan0 ndiswrapper from modprob.conf every 3-4 probes. The upside is, vlwifi will detect the device after probing, but can't actually connect with the router. At the beginning of my reinstall, vlwifi did connect and with the encryption, but it lost the connection after half an hour and I can't get it back, even with the encryption off. Signal varies around 50% on average