VectorLinux
December 21, 2014, 10:23:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Vector user  (Read 1044 times)
pellidon

« on: January 22, 2012, 02:44:09 pm »

I have been using Linux in various forms since 2005 or so. Vector was recommended to use on older laptops and it is the best on this old clunker to date.

Linux was my introduction to open source photo software. I get a chuckle out of my camera club members when they fret and fuss over coming up for the funds for the current upgrade of Photo-Bucks software. I could have bought ten high end cameras for what some of them paid for updates to features they never use in the first place.

Have fun everyone.
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 03:54:25 pm »

Welcome pellidon.

We hope you'll join in the fun here.   Grin
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 04:34:26 pm »

Welcome...
Herpy
Vectorite

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 08:33:55 pm »

Welcome to the community! We might be small but we are friendly and smart!

Forever in a box
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 10:48:48 pm »

Well, I suppose its true that Vector is good for older computers.  That's why I started using it. My office uses a lot of computers.  But I saved enough doing that to enable me to buy a new computer and it runs fine on the new one too.  I'm not too sure it matters to me how many people use it.  How big or how small the following.  I don't pay attention to such things.   What I like is that unless I am in root, no matter what I do to my vector system, the sledgehammer just bounces off, leaving narry a dent.  This makes it an excellent office machine too, so long as I keep the root password from staff.  It takes me less time to update their computers than it did to fix them.   And I don't have to buy staff new ones nearly as often. 

So welcome, pellidon.  I suspect you will like it here. 

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
stretchedthin
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 11:43:50 pm »

Welcome to Vector Pellidon.

Let us know if there is any opensourced photo software you would like to have added to the repository, or any other opensourced software for that matter.

You can do so here...New Package Requests

Vectorlinux screencasts and  tutorials can be found at....
http://www.opensourcebistro.com/blog1
http://www.youtube.com/user/vid4ken?feature=mhee
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: