VectorLinux
September 30, 2014, 03:59:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Desktop and settings won't save upon logout or shutdown.  (Read 1197 times)
sarge

« on: January 31, 2012, 07:59:59 am »

Hi All,

Long time Ubuntu user here, recently switched to VL7.  I've spent some time (about a month) getting used to the Xfce desktop (been using Gnome for 8 years) and I have a problem that's bugging me.  When I configure my system (firefox bookmakrs, Thunderbird email, custom desktop and screen saver) it works just fine, until I log out, shutdown, or restart. Then the next time I log back into my system, it's like a fresh install. I have no configurations for Firefox or Thunderbird, my desktop background has reverted back to the normal vector linux image. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?  It's getting old setting up all the programs every time I log in.

Machine Specs
Toshiba Satellite
2GB RAM
1.7 GHz Celeron
160GB HDD

OS Specs
Vector Linux 7
Xfce desktop
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 08:08:56 am »

Are you using the live version or did you install from the STD-GOLD iso?

sarge

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 08:23:15 am »

Installed from the STD-GOLD iso.
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 08:46:01 am »

Sounds odd.  I would try creating a new user account with vasm and see if the new user account suffers the same problem.  If it does, then you may have a permissions problem on your home directory.  Otherwise, your problem may be somewhere else.

sarge

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 05:22:16 am »

I figured it was odd, so I just re-installed the OS and the problem is fixed. Had a minor glitch with the wireless, but I changed the config file for wicd and it's all good. Thanks for the quick replies.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: