VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: hard drive space(solved)  (Read 722 times)

danthemannewtolinux

• Vectorite
hard drive space(solved)
« on: February 16, 2012, 07:13:48 pm »

Hi. I need some help with this...I installed vector on a 30 gig HD. 10 for the system 1gig for swap and the other is just free space. I hate having to mount the free space every time I boot up. How can I incorporate the rest into the system or set it so I don't have to mount every time
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 05:09:04 pm by danthemannewtolinux »

sledgehammer

• Vectorian
Re: hard drive space
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 11:20:00 pm »

May I presume that by "free space" you mean your home directory...the director where you keep your files?  There may be a post-install way to do this.  However, when it happened to me I just reinstalled and paid strict attention to the prompts.  There is an install prompt which allows you to format (don't if you have data on it) and/or just install your home directory.  You have to tell it to use your home directory whether you format it or not.  I don't remember the exact prompt but its there.

John
VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511

uelsk8s

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 06:18:06 am »

just run vmount as root to setup where you want it, and it will automount on reboot after that.

HTH,
Uelsk8s

danthemannewtolinux

• Vectorite
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 05:08:22 pm »

Thanks for the replies, i'll try vmount, or maybe i'll just reinstall, i got nothing to lose anyway...... :P