VectorLinux
September 18, 2014, 01:18:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VL6 Light, Lan Adapter (wired) problems.  (Read 992 times)
pat999

« on: February 17, 2012, 06:40:28 am »

Hi people. Just installed VL6 Light. Very fast I must say, using it on an old IBM ThinkPad 570. However my USB lan adapter for that laptop isnt working, light etc not turning on (no connection). Thinking it a driver issue but not sure. Anyone got any tips or solutions.

Thanks.
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 09:02:58 am »

Please post the make and model of your adapter as well as yhe output of lspci a, lsusb, and do tail -f /var/log/messages while plugging it in to see what the system is detecting

pat999

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 10:32:27 am »

Hi, thanks for your reply. New to linux in a way, can install it and do minor settings etc. It worked fine for lubuntu but thats a different peice of kit. I have I have done those three things that you mentioned above, . ps. I cannot connect to internet without adapter so may not be able to upload results. Dont think the adapter has a name, but plugged it in to windows 7 and it had the driver name, but caught it too late.

I think from the results which i will describe in brief it is connecting ok.

On lsusb:

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0b95:772a ASIX Electronics Corp.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

On the log when at one stage i plugged it in i got:

... ... Vector Kernel: usb 1-1: new full speed usb device using uhci-hcd and address 3

... ... Vector Kernel: usb 1-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice  

NB: I do think the ASIX is the driver as I remember seeing that pop up for a split second when it was in windows
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 11:57:58 am by pat999 » Logged
pat999

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 12:15:24 pm »

Here's a screenshot.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: