VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: VL6 Light, Lan Adapter (wired) problems.  (Read 1222 times)

pat999

VL6 Light, Lan Adapter (wired) problems.
« on: February 17, 2012, 06:40:28 am »

Hi people. Just installed VL6 Light. Very fast I must say, using it on an old IBM ThinkPad 570. However my USB lan adapter for that laptop isnt working, light etc not turning on (no connection). Thinking it a driver issue but not sure. Anyone got any tips or solutions.

Thanks.

M0E-lnx

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: VL6 Light, Lan Adapter (wired) problems.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 09:02:58 am »

Please post the make and model of your adapter as well as yhe output of lspci a, lsusb, and do tail -f /var/log/messages while plugging it in to see what the system is detecting

pat999

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 10:32:27 am »

Hi, thanks for your reply. New to linux in a way, can install it and do minor settings etc. It worked fine for lubuntu but thats a different peice of kit. I have I have done those three things that you mentioned above, . ps. I cannot connect to internet without adapter so may not be able to upload results. Dont think the adapter has a name, but plugged it in to windows 7 and it had the driver name, but caught it too late.

I think from the results which i will describe in brief it is connecting ok.

On lsusb:

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0b95:772a ASIX Electronics Corp.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

On the log when at one stage i plugged it in i got:

... ... Vector Kernel: usb 1-1: new full speed usb device using uhci-hcd and address 3

... ... Vector Kernel: usb 1-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice  

NB: I do think the ASIX is the driver as I remember seeing that pop up for a split second when it was in windows
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 11:57:58 am by pat999 »

pat999

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 12:15:24 pm »

Here's a screenshot.