VectorLinux
November 26, 2014, 05:41:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Connection always fails with Bad Password  (Read 622 times)
chubtor

« on: February 29, 2012, 09:11:31 am »

I have successfully managed to install VectorLinux 7 on an old HP laptop model ze4365us but no matter how I have tried to connect to the internet I cannot do so.  My wireless router is correctly found and identified and has WPA2 security but all efforts to get it to recognese the pre-shared key end in Bad Password even though I know it is correct.

Using wired ethernet connection results in "unable to get IP address.  I have no idea what numbers to put in the various boxes.  Can anyone help?
websterhamster

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 02:27:05 pm »

It is possible your laptop's wireless is not the same standard as your router (i.e laptop uses 802.11b and the router is 802.11n, I had this problem).
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 07:42:26 pm »

do you mean you can connect to your wireless but not able to access the internet?
can you ping your router IP?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: