VectorLinux
July 31, 2014, 11:40:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: swap size(solved)  (Read 686 times)
danthemannewtolinux
Vectorite

« on: March 03, 2012, 12:52:15 pm »

hi, just a little question about swap size... when i installed vector, i had previously installed wattos and it set my swap at 512mb, when i changed over to vector i just used the same swap size that watt had created for me, i currently have 512mb of ram, so, before i get my machine all up and running the way i want how much difference is it going to make that i didn't set it up at the recommended 2x your ram size?should i reinstall vector and change this or change it inside the os?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 11:05:34 am by danthemannewtolinux » Logged
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 05:35:34 am »

Unless you plan on using hibernation, your swap size is fine.
It is possible to change it after the fact without re-installing, easiest way is using a live cd and re-size partitions.
danthemannewtolinux
Vectorite

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 11:05:07 am »

ok, no i don't plan on using hibernation so i'll just leave it alone. thanks, nightflier
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: