VectorLinux
October 25, 2014, 10:35:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: create an android app for vector  (Read 4912 times)
danthemannewtolinux
Vectorite

« on: March 05, 2012, 06:20:42 pm »

I was wondering if anyone tried making a vector linux app for smartphones, i'd certainly love to run vl on my smartphone on top of android as i think others would, i've been trying for a few weeks now to install linux(deb and ubuntu on my phone) but it's not working yet. I noticed ubuntu has an app and i think vector would benefit from having one also....any takers? Grin
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 06:24:38 pm by danthemannewtolinux » Logged
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 06:12:21 am »

I doubt any body gets any real benefit from doing this.  Even the debian and ubuntu installs are pointless IMO.  They're good to prove a point, but really... that's about it.

My opinion changes of course if the OS ran natively on the device (this would mean instead of android) and if you could dual boot android and vector or your linux of choice.  That would be something to consider.

danthemannewtolinux
Vectorite

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 09:40:36 am »

yeah, that would be neat.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: