VectorLinux
November 23, 2014, 03:49:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Help with ending ManDVD please!!!  (Read 850 times)
Locator
Vectorian

« on: March 16, 2012, 12:27:29 pm »

I need help getting ManDVD to stop running. What  happened was that I was trying to get an image from a video that I was working with, and when I clicked on the camera icon (presumably to get a 'snapshot' as it were of the image that I wanted, the program window for it disappeared, and I thought that the program had ended for some reason because there was no visible indication that I saw of it running, but when I tried to restart it, I got the attached error method. Then I tried to restart my computer in the hopes of being able to get the program working correctly and I STILL got the same error message. How do I correct that problem?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 03:36:55 pm by Locator » Logged
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 12:39:31 pm »

Try running
Code:
ps aux |grep -i dvd
and see if it is running.  If it does show up, make note of the PID and use
Code:
kill -9 <YOUR_PID>
to kill it. 

It also seems to be looking for a .run file in a .mandvd/ directory.  This may be on your home dir or the  home dir or the user running the application, so see if there is a ~/.mandvd/.run file.  If there is, delete it.

Locator
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 02:36:18 pm »

The output that I got is as follows:

doctor:$ ps aux |grep -i dvd
doctor    5655  0.0  0.0   2396   780 pts/0    S+   18:42   0:00 grep -i dvd

Now how do I identify the PID? I tried removing it (using (Gslapt) and then turning my computer OFF then back on again, then reinstalling it and STILL got the same error message.
bigpaws
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 03:27:06 pm »

The problem is the lockfile as the error states.

rm -rf .mandvd/.run

Then the program should run.

Bigpaws
Locator
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 03:37:41 pm »

Thank you  Grin!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: