VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: [solved] issues with last upgrade after install of VL-7.0  (Read 1278 times)

MarkGrieveson

• Vectorian
[solved] issues with last upgrade after install of VL-7.0
« on: March 12, 2012, 01:54:27 pm »

Hello.  After installing VL-7.0, I did an upgrade with gslapt-get using only the default sources (VL-7.0 packages, extra, and patches), and encountered the following issues:

• gegl and gimp could not upgrade:
Code: [Select]
Packages with unmet dependencies:
gegl: Depends: ffmpeg >= 0.10
Packages excluded:
gegl 0.1.8-i586-1vl70
gimp 2.7.3-i586-1vl70

• inkscape was broken:
mark:$ inkscape
inkscape: error while loading shared libraries: libMagick++.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
vector:/~
mark:$

Fixed inkscape with the following:
root:# ln -s /usr/lib/libMagickWand.so.5 /usr/lib/libMagickWand.so.4
    Thanks Joncho for your help!

• thunderbird-langpack-en-GB  version 3.1.7-i586-1vl70 failed to make a difference to the en-US setting of Thunderbird (either 3.1.7-i586-1vl70 or 10.0-i586-1vl70)

So, I hope this information can help the developers of this great distribution to make it even better.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 07:37:17 am by MarkGrieveson »
I am using VL7.0 standard with XFCE

MarkGrieveson

• Vectorian
Re: issues with last upgrade after install of VL-7.0
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 12:48:48 am »

Packages with unmet dependencies:
gegl: Depends: ffmpeg >= 0.10
Packages excluded:
gegl 0.1.8-i586-1vl70
gimp 2.7.3-i586-1vl70

Regarding the gegl error above, I think it's due to an incorrect setting in ffmpeg's dependencies (the stable version of 0.6-i586-1vl70).  When I try to install ffmpeg, it reports that there is a missing dependency:  "ffmpeg: Depends: libva >= 1.0.3".  However, the listing for libva in the stable source (extra) is version 0.32.0_1+sds2-i586-1vl70.  1.03 seems quite a bit higher than 0.32.   So perhaps there's an error here.

stretchedthin

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
    • Opensourcebistro.com
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 05:19:39 am »

Thanks.  I'm on a nine day stretch at work, but will follow up on this.
Vectorlinux screencasts and  tutorials can be found at....
http://www.opensourcebistro.com/blog1
http://www.youtube.com/user/vid4ken?feature=mhee

Clinton_W

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 01:39:59 am »

Regarding Inkscape might I add that I also did the update,and found that Inkscape no longer starts. I tried re-installing and receive an error message that "Excluding Inkscape due to dependency failure. inkscape: Depends: popt >= 1.14. " I do see a popt-1.7 listed in my search results. I also re-installed this just to be safe. This didn't change anything.

MarkGrieveson

• Vectorian
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 05:23:17 pm »

Regarding Inkscape might I add that I also did the update,and found that Inkscape no longer starts. I tried re-installing and receive an error message that "Excluding Inkscape due to dependency failure. inkscape: Depends: popt >= 1.14. " I do see a popt-1.7 listed in my search results. I also re-installed this just to be safe. This didn't change anything.
Hello.  I did manage to get inkscape working again, so perhaps you could too.  See the first post in this thread, and also see http://forum.vectorlinux.com/index.php?topic=15913.0 -- specifically the last couple of posts there.