VectorLinux
July 31, 2014, 05:25:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: tovid  (Read 902 times)
MarkGrieveson
Vectorian

« on: March 15, 2012, 11:55:36 pm »

Tovid is a program I have always liked. 

I am using VL7.0 standard with XFCE
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 06:22:21 am »

The buildbot has built this for both the 32 and 64b editions.

You can grab them by adding the untested repository to your slapt-getrc

MarkGrieveson
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 08:33:32 am »

Thanks.  That's great.

MarkGrieveson
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 09:30:31 pm »

The version in the Vector repositories (0.34-i586-1vl70) has stopped working.  The program runs, but it will not encode the movies.  A more recent version from here does work, however.

hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 09:47:02 pm »

The version in the Vector repositories (0.34-i586-1vl70) has stopped working.  The program runs, but it will not encode the movies.  A more recent version from here does work, however.

Pls give details of error while running tovid...
MarkGrieveson
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 08:00:14 am »

I've already gotten rid of the Vector package of tovid, and installed the newer one (tovid svn-r3493) from subversion.  So, I can't give the exact error it kept giving me.  However, whether I ran the gui or ran it from command line, it gave the same error.  The error came about when it was trying to encode the video, claiming that the there was some sort of mismatch and the video could not be encoded.  I did successfully encode the same video with the newer tovid, however.  When I checked the Google Tovid Group, there were some posts on this subject, stating that due to ffmpeg's perpetual evolution, that many encoding issues could be solved via installing latest tovid from subversion.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: