VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Help with ending ManDVD please!!!  (Read 1029 times)

Locator

• Vectorian
[SOLVED] Help with ending ManDVD please!!!
« on: March 16, 2012, 01:27:29 pm »

I need help getting ManDVD to stop running. What  happened was that I was trying to get an image from a video that I was working with, and when I clicked on the camera icon (presumably to get a 'snapshot' as it were of the image that I wanted, the program window for it disappeared, and I thought that the program had ended for some reason because there was no visible indication that I saw of it running, but when I tried to restart it, I got the attached error method. Then I tried to restart my computer in the hopes of being able to get the program working correctly and I STILL got the same error message. How do I correct that problem?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 04:36:55 pm by Locator »

M0E-lnx

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: Help with ending ManDVD please!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 01:39:31 pm »

Try running
Code: [Select]
ps aux |grep -i dvd and see if it is running.  If it does show up, make note of the PID and use
Code: [Select]
kill -9 <YOUR_PID> to kill it. 

It also seems to be looking for a .run file in a .mandvd/ directory.  This may be on your home dir or the  home dir or the user running the application, so see if there is a ~/.mandvd/.run file.  If there is, delete it.

Locator

• Vectorian
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 03:36:18 pm »

The output that I got is as follows:

doctor:$ ps aux |grep -i dvd
doctor    5655  0.0  0.0   2396   780 pts/0    S+   18:42   0:00 grep -i dvd

Now how do I identify the PID? I tried removing it (using (Gslapt) and then turning my computer OFF then back on again, then reinstalling it and STILL got the same error message.

bigpaws

• Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 04:27:06 pm »

The problem is the lockfile as the error states.

rm -rf .mandvd/.run

Then the program should run.

Bigpaws

Locator

• Vectorian
Re: [SOLVED] Help with ending ManDVD please!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 04:37:41 pm »

Thank you  ;D!