VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Thunderbird Display Name from import  (Read 854 times)

MarkGrieveson

• Vectorian
Thunderbird Display Name from import
« on: March 18, 2012, 04:21:13 pm »

Hello. I recently imported a csv file of addresses (from JPilot) to Thunderbird. I aligned the fields that I wanted, and imported it. Those fields were first and last name, the address including city postal code and country, and the email address. I wanted to have the first name field also be the display name field, but I was unable to align these two fields for import from the csv file because the two first name fields (the csv file and the Thunderbird address book) were already aligned. So, the display name field has become the first part of the email addresses. So, is there any way to make the first name the default for the creation of the display name, rather than the first part of email addresses?  If not, I'll try using a spreadsheet to modify the csv file to quickly create another field of first names to be able to match the display name to this created second field of first names.

I'm using version 10 on Vector Linux 7.0.

PS, I did also post this in the mozillazine.org forum.
I am using VL7.0 standard with XFCE

MarkGrieveson

• Vectorian
Re: Thunderbird Display Name from import
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 07:46:24 pm »

Well, someone from the Mozilla forum suggested that I use a spreadsheet to manipulate the csv file first, so I guess that's what I'll have to do.
I am using VL7.0 standard with XFCE