VectorLinux
October 25, 2014, 11:22:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VL7 Live install 'shoes'  (Read 747 times)
ericwwheeler

« on: April 12, 2012, 07:25:29 pm »

I installed VL7 on my home computer and everything is grand, stellar even. However, I installed from the VL7 live media onto my netbook (on sda3 with swap) Dell 1012 .Windows7 was/is on sda1&2 and I installed Lilo on sda1 thinking that it would not overwrite the entry for Doze 7. The only program I have running on 7 that I can't run on Vector is wimax for Clear mobile. The error message I get comes from Windows boot manager "The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible." I would be thrilled to get wimax working so that I can bid farewell to Windows for good (tried the developer of Windows 8-what a joke). Any help, links to tutorials, or basic encouragement will be appreciated. I am dd'ing VL7.0 STD-GOLD.iso now and trying the install again from that media and will report back. The wimax chipset is the Intel 6250 and last I checked linuxwimax.org was down. Again any help would be appreciated.
Eric
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: