VectorLinux
August 20, 2014, 08:05:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will my old sound card work in a 64 bit computer?  (Read 9810 times)
fogpipe
Vectorite

« on: April 30, 2012, 10:57:26 am »

i realize this will seem like a stupid questiont to some, but i just got my first 64 bit dual core computer and im wondering if my old sound card will work in it.
The sound card is a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz and does a lovely job at sound reproduction. I have been using it in my old celeron 2.5 ghz setup. Any differences in the pci bus on 64 bit computers? The computer im thinking of putting it in is an intel 3.4 gig dell.

Thanks
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 11:33:53 am »

It should work just fine.

The TB Santa Cruz is a great card. I used one in my Home Theater PC for many years and was very pleased with it.  Smiley
fogpipe
Vectorite

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 07:41:49 am »

Thanks for the reply. I actually got around to it this morning and was suprised to find no analog output plug on the optical drive. I cant beleive how much more warmth and depth everything has through this card. I bet its at least 10 years old. Im going to boot to windows now, i wonder if there are windows drivers for it
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: