VectorLinux
December 20, 2014, 07:42:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: connect to the Internet  (Read 3158 times)
calin

« on: May 03, 2012, 01:29:52 am »

Yesterday I decided to change Windows to Linux I downloaded VL 6.0 Light Live Edition but does not work Internet I more tried VL 6.0 Kde-Classic Live Edition but can not login says he does not good password I stayed to VL 6.0 Light Live Edition I did all of here http://forum.vectorlinux.com/index.php?topic=7459.0 still does not work My internet conection use a dymanic IP broadband internet connection Excuse me expression I do not know English use google translate
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 10:16:44 pm »

Why not download VL7 instead of version 6?
http://vectorlinux.com/downloads
calin

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 02:43:04 pm »

use a PC old it moves more slower but if you think as will goes Internet VL 7 I will download VL 7 instead of version 6
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 03:01:30 pm »

I don't know if VL7 is faster than VL6 on old equipment but I do know that both run circles around windows.  So if you can get one of the Vectors loaded, you will have a much faster experience.

John

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 05:12:27 pm »

You should try VL7 Light as it use newer kernel compare to VL6...it have more support on hardware Smiley
Let us know how it go...happy vectoring Smiley
calin

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 09:02:00 am »

thanks for suggestions mention I have PC Hard Disk 6 GB 256 MB of RAM Intel(R) Celeron(TM) CPU 1200MHz 1.19 GHz I hope to not me hinder system to work you I try VL7 Light
calin

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 02:16:26 pm »

I'm sorry to that will disappoint do not leave me to install VL7 Light first time not found a file to give me format the second time I tried different after I set the keyboard I gave it to install and says he does not find files on CD-ROM / HDD I tried installing the program unetbootin
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 06:26:45 pm »

Not find a file?
Pls check your cd, maybe it is a bad burn...
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 05:24:12 pm »

I agree with hata_ph.  Your VL 7 light iso may have something wrong with it.  If not, if you have reburned the ISO, you have told your machine to boot from CD, and your machine still doesn't see it, I suspect something is wrong with your drive.  I would try the txt installer also.  It is strange indeed that it sees VL 7 and VL 6, but not VL 7 light. 

calin

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 04:11:53 am »

please I beg your pardon I using google translate can not of translated well I installed with program unetbootin yet test linux to see which is compatible with my PC I not hinder system and to can connect internet after doing CD and you format the HDD with Windows
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 08:48:56 pm »

Make sure you have saved all information which is on your hard drive which you don't want erased.  Any data not backed up will be forever lost. 

Burn a new copy of Vector 7 light on a blank CD.

Set your system to boot from CD.

Insert Vector light CD in Drive and install. First try the tui installer, then if that doesn't work, try the gui installer.  Follow the install instructions.

When the installer gets to the format drive part, reformat the whole drive with reiserfs or one of the linux choices.  THIS WILL ERASE ALL DATA.  Format the complete drive as one partition.

Complete the install process.

Take out the cdrom and reboot.

This should work.

nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 03:58:21 am »

Just a few thoughts:

Light 7.0 is not available as a Live CD, so not sure about unetbootin. Anyone else tried this?

Light only has a text installer. There is a bug which throws it into a loop if you try to change the keyboard setup Not the initial option, but one later in the config section. That option should be un-checked. If you could try installing and keeping the keyboard map unchanged, it may make a difference. Keyboard can be changed afterwards.
calin

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 11:12:42 am »

yourself understand sledgehammer problem is as I CD-ROM can not do CD if you know as can install Linux directly of from HARD DISK tell me please I install with unetbootin and to restart it delete all what install when I get used with Linux I speak with someone to do CD for me
nightflier on Google I found unetbootin thank you for help  to eventually I go Internet typing in terminal pppoe-setup <enter>
ussername ex : PPP123456 <enter>
the other not to write anything you just enter prompted to ask password the firewall set 0 (zero)
after give y (yes) and finish give pppoe-start and connect
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: