VectorLinux
August 21, 2014, 11:36:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New hardware for Vector Linux 7.0?  (Read 531 times)
Locator
Vectorian

« on: June 13, 2012, 05:31:56 pm »

Where can I purchase new computer hardware to use with Vector Linux 7.0? In particular, I am trying to find a TV tuner that works correctly with that operating system, but unfortunately, all the "information" that I have received so far on that subject has been terribly outdated - and therefore COMPLETELY useless, and having said that, I would appreciate information that is up to date (such as what is actually available as of right now), I am also looking for a TV tuner that I can connect my VCR to. Any practical assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated.
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 09:08:29 pm »

You shouldn't have a hard time finding hardware to use VL. Pretty much all the common systems will run without issue. I think the information that stretchedthin gave you back in this link
http://forum.vectorlinux.com/index.php?topic=16282.msg91858#msg91858
  Should be good enough information which is still up to date for the most part.

Please don't ask the same questions in separate posts.
uelsk8s
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 08:14:38 am »

Locator,

If you would be willing to send me your card, I would agree to setup the card and document the steps for you, and send it back to you.
I would also build any additional pkgs needed.

The only other alternative I can think of would be to give someone remote access to your box and let them show you how to do it that way.

HTH,
Uelsk8s
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: