VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: New hardware for Vector Linux 7.0?  (Read 729 times)

Locator

• Vectorian
New hardware for Vector Linux 7.0?
« on: June 13, 2012, 06:31:56 pm »

Where can I purchase new computer hardware to use with Vector Linux 7.0? In particular, I am trying to find a TV tuner that works correctly with that operating system, but unfortunately, all the "information" that I have received so far on that subject has been terribly outdated - and therefore COMPLETELY useless, and having said that, I would appreciate information that is up to date (such as what is actually available as of right now), I am also looking for a TV tuner that I can connect my VCR to. Any practical assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Masta

• Global Moderator
  • Vectorian
Re: New hardware for Vector Linux 7.0?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 10:08:29 pm »

You shouldn't have a hard time finding hardware to use VL. Pretty much all the common systems will run without issue. I think the information that stretchedthin gave you back in this link
http://forum.vectorlinux.com/index.php?topic=16282.msg91858#msg91858
  Should be good enough information which is still up to date for the most part.

Please don't ask the same questions in separate posts.

uelsk8s

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: New hardware for Vector Linux 7.0?
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 09:14:38 am »

Locator,

If you would be willing to send me your card, I would agree to setup the card and document the steps for you, and send it back to you.
I would also build any additional pkgs needed.

The only other alternative I can think of would be to give someone remote access to your box and let them show you how to do it that way.

HTH,
Uelsk8s