VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: I'm impressed.  (Read 1850 times)

Paracelsus

I'm impressed.
« on: June 15, 2012, 12:46:20 am »

In 2004 I have started using Ubuntu. Since then I have used several Ubuntu derivatives, like Xubuntu, Lubuntu, Linux mint and Easy Peasy. Last version I used was 11.10, but when I tried to install 12.04, it didn' t work (maybe because I'm using an older computer.) I have read about Vector Linux and was very curious. This week I decided to install it. I am very impressed, homage to the creators.

sledgehammer

• Vectorian
Re: I'm impressed.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 08:45:06 am »

Welcome!
VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511

hata_ph

• Packager
  • Vectorian
  • -- Just being myself --
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 09:14:40 pm »

Happy Vectoring :)

stretchedthin

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
    • Opensourcebistro.com
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 11:27:31 pm »

Glad you had the chance to give us a try. Hope you stal awhile.
Vectorlinux screencasts and  tutorials can be found at....
http://www.opensourcebistro.com/blog1
http://www.youtube.com/user/vid4ken?feature=mhee

fogpipe

• Vectorite
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 12:05:15 pm »

Welcome :) that was my reaction too.

AtomicCEO

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 07:23:56 am »

I have an older underpowered Acer laptop, and I'm always struggling with what distro to run that will be lightweight, functional, and that non-technical members of the family can navigate as a daily driver.  I've tried Ubunutu, Lubuntu, Kubuntu, Mint variations, OpenBox distros, just about everything.

Vector was just one of 5 live CDs I burned for my latest quest, and it caught my eye immediately.  Fast, great looking out of the box, and when I googled around for my common tweaks (disabling touchpad tap-to-click, turning off passwords at boot and screen wake), I found the answers easily, sometimes with video tutorials.

Great work, guys.  I never thought I'd be running a slackware variant.  Big fan.