VectorLinux
August 19, 2014, 08:29:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Installing VL on an encrypted disk.  (Read 542 times)
zero27esc

« on: June 07, 2012, 02:33:33 am »

I currently have Slackware 13.37 installed on my laptops hard disk using LUKS and LVM, as per the README_CRYPT.TXT.  Given that I take the laptop to work, I need to have a way to secure my data in the event that my laptop is stolen.

I saw another thread about encrypting a hard disk here in the forms that turned into a discussion of the merits of hard disk encryption.  I bought the laptop 2003.  It has never had an OS installed without some form of encryption.  I have three other computers at home, all have their hard drives encrypted.  Losing the password is not an issue.  The security of encryption outweighs any negligible performance loss I would encounter.  (Two of the computers are running audio and video recording software).

I am interested in giving VL a try, but I need to be able to install it on an encrypted hard disk.  Has anyone been able to successfully install VL on an encrypted disk with LVM and LUKS?

Thank you.

-JJ
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: