VectorLinux
July 30, 2014, 09:01:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: arch-makepkg  (Read 1624 times)
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« on: June 13, 2012, 02:34:24 pm »

I have linphone 3.4.3 installed and am trying to update it.  There is an Arch Linux package for linphone 3.5.2.  I downloaded arch-makepkg ver 3.5.4 from the VL repositories.   I understand it can convert arch packages to slackware packages.  When I run arch-makepkg from a terminal I get "/etc/makepkg.conf not found."

Any suggestions? 

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 03:11:49 pm »

Copy /etc/makepkg.conf.sample to /etc/makepkg.conf

sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 03:26:30 pm »

Thanks! 

That worked.  However, when I run, for example,

arch-makepkg bcg729-1.0.0-2-i686.pkg.tar.xz

I get

==> ERROR: PKGBUILD does not exist.

I think it does exist.  I navigated to the linphone src directory, opened a terminal, typed arch-makepkg bc and tab finished it.

I have not used arch linux or arch-makepkg before and obviously don't know what I'm doing.

Any more suggestions?

sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 04:39:05 pm »

I think I will let arch-linux go for a while and try a regular build of linphone from source later tonight or tomorrow.  I am against learning anything I don't have to learn.  I am afraid that I might otherwise fill up my alleged mind.  Only thing I don't like about traditional package building is I don't know how to delete when the new build doesn't work. 

M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 04:25:27 am »

arch-makepkg will not convert an arch package to vector format.  It will build from their source, with their build instructions.

Much like building from a SlackBuild, so what you want to find is the PKGBUILD file that builds that package in arch linux.  Then run makepkg in the dir that has that file.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: