VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: [SOLVED] VL 7 SOHO vs. VL 7.0 Xfce3 problem  (Read 1490 times)

Canuck

[SOLVED] VL 7 SOHO vs. VL 7.0 Xfce3 problem
« on: July 05, 2012, 08:40:14 am »

Did a fresh install of VL 7.0 SOHO on my Lenovo laptop.   Seemed to work fine, BUT I continue to get the 'pop-up' menu at the bottom of the screen which is, I think, a leftover from the VL 7.0 Std. Gold  Xfce desktop.    Why?     Should the pop-up menu even be in the KDE desktop?    Should I do another install of VL 7.0 SOHO?

Seems to appear when I am using Firefox.   It does not appear on the Desktop.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 07:24:32 am by Canuck »

hata_ph

• Packager
  • Vectorian
  • -- Just being myself --
Re: VL 7 SOHO vs. VL 7.0 Xfce3 problem
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 04:30:36 am »

Pop menu mean cairo-dock?
A screenshot will be helpful :)

Canuck

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 04:45:35 am »

Yes, the cairo-dock menu appears when using Firefox, when the mouse passes over the lower screen.    I have VL 7.0 Gold installed on my desktop, with Xfce.   I am used to the cairo-dock menu there.     As VL 7.0 SOHO is on my laptop, with I believe KDE desktop (or a modified KDE), I did not expect to see the cairo-dock menu.   When I installed VL 7.0 SOHO on the laptop, I replaced VL 7.0 Gold.   However, I created two partitions  "/" and "/home" and formatted both.   (Sorry, I can't provide a screen shot because the issue is on my laptop and I don't know how to do it).     If the cairo-dock menu is part of the SOHO version then fine, but I rather doubt that it is part of the KDE.   

hata_ph

• Packager
  • Vectorian
  • -- Just being myself --
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 05:58:22 pm »

Show us the content of your $HOME/.config/autostart
I assume you are using KDE now as you have install VL7 SOHO, right?

retired1af

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 04:29:49 am »

Yes, the cairo-dock menu appears when using Firefox, when the mouse passes over the lower screen.    I have VL 7.0 Gold installed on my desktop, with Xfce.   I am used to the cairo-dock menu there.     As VL 7.0 SOHO is on my laptop, with I believe KDE desktop (or a modified KDE), I did not expect to see the cairo-dock menu.   When I installed VL 7.0 SOHO on the laptop, I replaced VL 7.0 Gold.   However, I created two partitions  "/" and "/home" and formatted both.   (Sorry, I can't provide a screen shot because the issue is on my laptop and I don't know how to do it).     If the cairo-dock menu is part of the SOHO version then fine, but I rather doubt that it is part of the KDE.   

Go to your KDE Menu, Applications, Graphics and use KSnapshot to take a screenshot.

I seem to recall Cairo being active when I first installed SOHO 7. One of the first things I did was go into System Settings and disable it.
ASUS K73 Intel i3 Dual Core 2.3GHz

Canuck

Re: [SOLVED] VL 7 SOHO vs. VL 7.0 Xfce3 problem
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 07:27:47 am »

Thank you retired1af

Such a simple solution; which eluded me, partially because I am relatively unfamiliar with KDE.    Gnome has become too splashy for me; I just want to have a functioning distribution which facilitates my computing needs.    Thanks again.